- Your appointment time will be 45 to 50 minutes long and will begin at the scheduled time.
- The fee for regular appointments will be $150 per session. Neuropsychological fees will be billed at $175 per hour.
- Court testimony is billed in a different fashion; this is detailed below.
- Lengthy telephone conversations with me between sessions will be billed at the same rate as regular sessions, but often cannot be billed to insurance companies.
- I use a confidential voicemail system, and check messages regularly. If you need to contact me, call my office number at any time.
- If you have any emergency, call my office number and my voicemail will give you instructions. After hours emergency contact is billed at a rate of $175 per hour.
- I will provide reminders of your appointment times if you wish. We find that cellphone text messaging is the most reliable means, and will stongly encourage this (if you want to be reminded). However, we will provide telephone voicemail or email methods if cellphone text messaging is unfeasible.
- If you need to cancel an appointment, I require 24 hours notice; otherwise, you may be charged the regular fee for that session. If your insurance does not permit me to bill patients for missed appointments (e.g., Medicaid & Medicare), I may cancel subsequent appointments. Exceptions to this will be at my discretion. Unlike physicians, I cannot "stack" multiple patients for appointment times, and thus sessions for which patients are not present are lost.
- You may be assured that your contacts here will remain confidential. There may be some rare exceptions to this policy, such as if you should express a serious intent to harm yourself or someone else, or if you reveal information related to a child being abused.
- In general, in order to safeguard your confidentiality, my office will not acknowledge your visits here to any outside caller. I will release information about you with your written permission. I reserve the right to limit the information I release.
- My office is compliant with all HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) regulations. I have a brochure available explaining in more detail the policies and procedures of HIPAA and how they affect you and your protected health information. If you are interested in learning more about HIPAA, please request a brochure.
When requests are made for me to appear in court to provide expert testimony, the subpoenaing attorney will provide, with at least three working days' advance notice, a statement of specific times for which I should be available. I will cancel already scheduled patient appointments, and reserve those times for the attorney, along with any required travel time to and from the court. Initial consultation, record review, and testimony preparation will also be provided as needed.
Dr. Chapman will bill the attorney for these times at the following rates:
This agreement will be between me and the attorney, and the attorney will be responsible for all associated charges, regardless of whether or not the attorney has been paid by the client for whom testimony is requested. The attorney will provide payment for all billed services within 10 business days of receiving my statement.
- Time reserved, whether or not it is spent traveling to and from the courthouse, at the courthouse, or elsewhere (such as in the case of a settlement or continuance before the end of the reserved time) will be billed at the rate of one hundred fifty dollars per hour ($150.00/hour).
- Time spent in testimony, or in consultation with attorneys or clients, whether or not this occurs in the courtroom, will be billed at the rate of one dollar per minute ($1.00/minute) in addition to the reserved time noted above.
- Should I be required to remain available to the court beyond the time reserved as stipulated in the advance notice provided, or if I must stay beyond a time allowing me to return to my office within the period allotted for transportation, this time will be billed at the rate of two hundred dollars per hour ($200.00/hour).
- Initial consultation, record review, and testimony preparation prior to the court appearance are all calculated at the rate of one hundred fifty dollars per hour ($150.00/hour).
- Subpoenas for court appearances must be cancelled at least forty-eight hours before the reserved times begin, or the entire time period will be billed at the rate of one hundred fifty dollars per hour ($150.00/hour).